Peace And Me
Original title: Peace and Me
Original language: English
Age group: 7 - 9
Categories: Fiction, Illustration.
Inclusive towards: Race
Author: Ali Winter
Illustrator: Mickaël el Fathi
Number of pages: 40
Format (in mm): 260 x 205
What does peace mean to you? This illustrated collection of inspirational ideas about peace is based on the lives of Nobel Peace Prize Laureates of the 20th and 21st centuries, among them Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Teresa and Malala Yousafzai. A must for anyone interested in exploring this essential issue of our times, this child-friendly exploration of what peace means to you and me is a book for every bookshelf.
- 'A beautifully executed, powerful book. A remarkable addition to illustrated biography collections' – School Library Journal, STARRED
- 'This book is full of people who have striven to improve the lives of others and have consequently left a legacy years after their death. This is a brilliant book for anyone who loves discovering more about important figures in history' – BookTrust
- 'Fascinating, beautiful and moving in equal measure' – The Book Activist
Info on author:
Ali Winter is an experienced anthologist and non-fiction writer who has written for various international publications and is passionate about seeking out lesser-told stories from around the world.
Info on illustrator:
Mickaël El Fathi is an acclaimed French-Moroccan children’s book illustrator who has pubished widely in France. A former computer graphic designer and 3D director, he now helps children travel the world through his illustrations.
Awards and special mentions:
- Amnesty International endorses this book because it shows how standing up for other people makes the world a better, more peaceful place.
- USBBY OUTSTANDING INTERNATIONAL BOOK
- Blue Peter Book Awards, Best Book with Facts longlist
- Times Education Supplement Top Children's Books